Monday, February 15, 2010

blog post 5

My first thought of this assignment were very judgmental, I sort of classified all “ Indian classical music” as sounding very gipsy-ish or belly dancer style. However the first song that I picked was surprisingly different and…. Good. I listened to the song Dub Hindustani; the song begins with chordophones introducing the rhythm, which to me sounds very westernized (but I do like it, just not what I expected to hear). The lead male vocalist sings along with the rhythm sounding perfect, really enjoyable. After the vocalist establishes the beat the mambranophones start playing giving the beat a little more spice. There is, of coarse use of idiophones that make the song quasipulsatile in my opinion. When the aerophone have a brief solo is were I really began to enjoy the music, because the lead singer voice and the aerophone sound great, but I also really enjoy the violin, which to me is surprising, I would not have thought that they would have used a violin in this peace. I believe that this song is about a plot in a movie that apparently never got finalized. I really enjoy this type of music and prob will continue to listen to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment