Monday, February 8, 2010

Post 4

I picked the song Hamseda Medly by Googoosh, because it sounds a little tropical. I could most defiantly imagine this song being played at a bar or nice restaurant on the beach as background music. I also feel like it sounds almost like it should be one an older tv sitcom. Googoosh is certainly a professional artist, because she is making music for profit, but in her defense one can see for sure that she puts a lot of effort and soul into her music. Even though you cannot understand what Googoosh is saying you can kind of get the feeling. I feel like she is singing about the difference between the modern times and the “old school” ways or styles. I really enjoy not understand the words because I think that music symbolism is all in the eyes of the beholder (the listener), so when I listen to this music I kind of get my own interpretation with no biases because I cannot understand the words. Although I do like the fact that I cannot understand the lyrics, I think that the music its self would be better with out Googoosh, and that’s probably only because it would sound more American. I do like the arophones, idiophones and my favorite membranophones like I said before I think this song sounds very tropical.

No comments:

Post a Comment