Sunday, January 31, 2010

blog post 3

I really enjoyed the Music Faculty Concert (40th Anniversary), it’s not a “type” of music that I listen to on a daily or even monthly basic, but new music is always great. I really enjoyed the first song group, because the clarinet and violin were both part of the melody, although they both at times would alternate “solo’s” (if you will) in the melody. Of coarse one can’t leave of the piano, it’s role in the harmony is just too strong and beautiful. The Suite was not as “dramatic” as some other parts of the concert but that why I liked it; in fact it almost brought me back to my childhood. The music at time reminded me almost of a Disney cartoon movie, which I really enjoyed. I think what made this concert very passionate was the performers. They were all UT D faculty and loved what they did. I could especially feel the passion and love of the art when the singers song group was on.

Taking into consideration that it was a Friday night I believe that it had a great turn out. Mostly students but, understandably so seeing that I was there as a requirement as well. However there were defiantly family and friends of the performers attending as well, and you could tell that they had a love of the music as well

No comments:

Post a Comment