Sunday, January 31, 2010

post 1

It’s hard trying to narrow down a music culture that has influenced my life, there is just so many. Of coarse there has been stages of my life where I have listened to different types of music, country, rap, reggae, beach music, hip hop, rock, mettal ect. All of these I would say have equally influenced my life, and brought me to different types of thinking.

Here’s a little background of my life which I believe has influenced my music. I was born in Dallas, when I was 11 months old I move to Maui, Hawaii. I lived there for 18 years, so when speaking about music I would say that Hawaii influenced the type of music that I was surrounded with, mostly reggae. When I moved back to Dallas I got more into the rock scene, which I absolutely love! Rock is what I primarily listen to, there is times when I like the screaming rock where you can barley understand the lyrics, then there are times like these that I love to listen to progressive rock that influences me heavily on writing.

I wouldn’t say that one type of music has influenced me. I would say that music in general has influenced me. I am a huge connoisseur of music and love all different types. In fact I think my favorite thing to do is to share music with someone, and discover new music

No comments:

Post a Comment