Wednesday, March 31, 2010

blog post 10

I enjoyed this piece because the ornamentation is very pleasant, it’s as if you could take the singer out of the performance and you would still be able to hear her voice. This performance is done with a full orchestra, using chordophones, aerophones, membranophones, and idiophones. In my opinion the aerophones and the chordophones stand out the most. The timbre is mostly mellow although it always seems in orchestras that there is always an “intense” moment weather it would be with the performers vocals or with the instruments. The video is not the best quality, but I think that is because the setting is mostly dark giving the performer the center of attention. Although the costume warn by the performer makes her stand out over anyone. There is a lot of focus on the orchestra its self, so I would assume that the video recording is done by an audience member, that has a friend or relative in the orchestra. The performance is very nice, but I do have to say that I have absolutely no idea what is going on. the singer seems to be some kind of queen that is singing about either a love or a lost love, and the reason I have that opinion is because in a instance the performance is focused on a man wearing something similar that the performers costume.


No comments:

Post a Comment